Three Chequers Vision
The Three Chequers Medical Practice was created in April 2017 by the merger of St Anns, Three Swans and Endless Street Surgeries. These were already excellent surgeries with outstanding teams. Our aim is to continue to provide high quality medical care using the combined expertise of these teams.
We plan eventually to have a new purpose-built surgery to work from.
The merger has led to some changes and we want to provide you with some clarity about our current plans.
Medical Care At Different Sites
We are streamlining our services to make the best use of existing team members and premises. This will mean the following:
- All of our patients are now registered with the Three Chequers Medical Practice and will have a nominated doctor within the team.
- Urgent and routine medical care will be concentrated at two of our city sites; Three Swans and Endless Street.
- Winterslow and Porton sites will continue operating as usual.
- You are welcome to access medical care at any of our sites and of course continue to see a usual doctor of your choice
- Appointments can be made in the usual way by contacting the surgery on 01722 336 441
Triage Service For Urgent Advice Or Care
In order to provide a responsive service for those in need of urgent review or advice we have a core dedicated team run by experienced GPs and nurse practitioners.
What are the advantages of this change?
- Continued provision of high quality care in the city centre and branch surgeries in a sustainable way.
- Access to urgent advice and review as needed in dedicated teams Improvements in chronic disease monitoring - such as diabetes, lung and heart disease.
- Provision of new services available to all patients - such as physio and a pharmacist
- Development of our already highly rated carers service
- Further development of learning disability review
- Expansion of our research programme
Training & Research
Teaching and training is an important part of our practice. We have been a training practice for over 13 years and have had continuous registrars (trainees) in post since then. We have also supported Southampton Medical School and offered teaching to medical students from each year of the undergraduate course. The current postgraduate training program is undergoing a series of changes and we are now also offering training for the junior doctors throughout their training program.
Dr Jane Bowden, Dr Jeremy Howell & Dr Martin Essigman are our accredited trainers, Dr Craig Kyte supervises doctors in their foundation year and Dr Emma Naylor are responsible for much of the medical student teaching. All the partners, other members of the clinical and administrative team take an active part in training particularly in those areas where they have a special interest.
The Way Forward
We are excited to be at the forefront of developing medical services in Salisbury. We understand changes can seem unsettling at first but would like to use this opportunity to thank you for your continued support whilst these are taking place.
We will be working with our patient participation group (PPG) to help Three Chequers focus on the way ahead. We would also welcome any other feedback you may have.